Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Homestretch

Wow, I owe you guys an update. It's been long, hard work this month, but I am loving this year's story. As long as it comes together in the end, and I really think it will, I think this is "the one": the one I'm going to clean up and begin pursuing publishing with. There's lots I could say about it, and I'll have more details next week about what writing it has been like, but for the time being, since I'm less than 10,000 words away from the end (and since I finally am caught up on my word count again), here's something to tide you over:

The last week of my life involved the following:
- Jury Duty
- A bat (the nocturnal mammal variety)
- Teaching (Augustine and Romeo and Juliet)
- Emergency subbing for two classes (Wesley and Formal Logic)
- Compiling and editing many many pages of Supreme Court Cases for coursepacks
- Choir practice and church
- Finishing Legend by Marie Lu
- SO MUCH CHOCOLATE
- Insomnia (*waves* hiiii!!!)
- Writing almost 20,000 words (Thanks, Mom B, for praying--I think we can call this answered prayer!)

Yep, that about sums it up. I'm on Thanksgiving Break now (no classes, but I'm working a few hours in the office through noon on Wednesday). I'm going to see if I can finish by the end of the day on Thanksgiving. :)


A

For those who like charts and things:


1 comment:

  1. Answered prayer, indeed! Though with the week you've had, it seems as though you must have fought for every word. I look forward to having my copy signed by the author someday. MomB

    ReplyDelete